Wednesday 16 November 2011

I AM the Messenger!

I've just entered for a MARATHON. Me. A marathon.

So-called because Pheidippedes- a Greek Messenger- ran from the Battle of Marathon to Athens......One HELL of a coincedence related to the Turisas post below -ha!

How have I become a person that loves to run? I used to be the one to mock those who said they did, writing them off as possessing bravado or being plain liars. You love to run? RUNNING IS PAIN!!!

But no, it's not. It's completely empowering. There is no feeling on earth like gliding along, feeling completely strong and aware of your body, hitting mile after mile and not feeling tired. Being in control and powerful.

But...the Half was hard. Very hard. And this........26.2 miles. Pain is most definitely a reality. So then, MIND OVER MATTER!

So the Vegan T will be getting an airing. 29th April looms. Best get training. Erm, I'll start on Saturday. Got too many booze-ups planned.............................

1 comment:

  1. Your braver than me.. I am still thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete